THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

We Need To Stop Puppy Mills

Hi, guys. I know this is supposed to be like my personal diary, but I have a really important issue to talk to you guys about today. It's called puppy mills. I'm sure a lot of you have never even heard about them. I'm going to give you a full on inside out explanation on what they are, and how we can stop them.

Puppy mills are small, overcrowded placed where people keep dogs to breed and sell to pet stores. The owners take awful care of the dogs, not giving them enough food, sometimes dirty water, no playtime, and worst of all, no love. It's a fact that dogs need love and care and human socialization to be healthy. These dogs have tons of diseases, and are bred by force. Did you know that the mommy and daddy dogs will probably never live outside the mills ever in their lives? They're stuck there forever.
These pups are claimed to be purebred, but seriously, can you really trust an animal abuser?

How would you like to live your whole life in a tiny cage with two other people like the picture above?! Here's what we all can do to help the cause:
  • Adopt dogs from shelters or trusted breeders, not pet stores. By buying from pet stores, you're promoting animal cruelty.
  • If you want a purebred really badly, check shelters first. Did you know that out of every four dogs in the shelter, one of them is a purebred? True fact.
  • Pregnant mother dogs are forced to keep on reproducing until they die. How sad is that? If we stop buying pet store dogs, the abusers will make no money and be forced to find another job, shutting down their mills. Hurray! :)
  • There are no laws against puppy mills!!! We need to write to the White House and inform them that this is a serious problem in America, and maybe even other places in the world, too. If enough people write, maybe we can convince Obama to do something!
  • Tell your friends and family. People need to know the facts.
  • Do you know something about animal cruelty? Do you have suspicions? Visit HERE to find out how to report animal cruelty. You can remain anonymous and not even have to state your name.
  • Don't buy a dog from the internet. It's not safe. (I don't believe in buying anything online even!)
  • Make it public by doing a report in front of your class about it, or writing about it on your MySpace profile.
Don't be afraid to speak out about me. I'm guessing that only 1 out of 50 people knows about these mills. Let's try to raise that number together. If you love animals, then don't ignore this problem. Dogs have feelings, too. Did you know they have kitten mills, too? 
All I ask is that you look at these pictures. Do these animals look happy? You tell me.







I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do something.
Help me stop animal abuse.


I love you,


Rate This Post:

0 comments: